What have I been doing? I actually did a lot of reading the last couple of months. I did my goal for the year in 2 months (10 was goal, plus a couple of extra—17 books total which is sad for me—I’ve read 200 in a year before).
The week before Christmas, we went to my brother’s timeshare in the Berkshires (MA). It was very emotional since it was my dad’s favorite go-to spot for vacation, but it was also very nice to hang out with my family and enjoy moments my dad loved. So yeah. It was a mix of emotional and wonderful. We completed a 1000 piece puzzle, which we were all very proud of lol, did a lot of video game playing, reading and catching up on Arrow. There was a lot of “You have failed this vacation.” “You have failed this puzzle.” “You have failed this dinner.” “You have failed this video game” Type of shenanigans going on… ha-ha!
On New Year’s Eve, it was just my brothers, Trisha, Diane, Flo and our mutually good friend, Mike. We played The Game Of Nasty Things
, which was absolutely hilarious and I admit I laughed a little too hard at many of the answers we came up with (myself included). After we rang in the New Year with Champaign, we played poker, which ended up lasting until almost 6am … lol I was the last of 3, so I’m pretty happy with that. Mike and Flo ended up splitting the pot since everyone was just so tired. It was actually very low-key and a great night with people I love the most.
I’m coming to (slow) terms that my dad would want me to live my life, not live trapped in my room, constantly in bed and constantly sleeping.
Sort of ‘resolutions’ for this year, but more along the lines of wanting to get back on the horse and learn to handle my father’s passing a lot better than I have been the last six months (I still can’t believe he passed away six months—almost 7—ago!).
1. I want to be more aware of what I eat.
2. I want to be more aware of how I treat others and how I am treated (and stand up for myself more when I’m being unfairly treated).
3. I want to write more (for sure). I’ve been working on a book, so that has also been keeping me busy the last few months, but it has a lot of work to go. But, I’d also like to just keep up with this journal too.
4. Continue: Have breakfast every morning and do at least 30 minutes of exercise a day (I currently do this, but want to keep it up… when I fell emotionally, I fell in every aspect of my life… slowly getting back to ‘living’).
5. Visit at least ONE place I’ve never been too.
6. Add: More veggies/fruits into my diet. I’m really bad at this.
7. Play less World of Warcraft (It’s sad how much I’ve been playing it lately).
8. Go out more. I’ve become the definition of a hermit (not kidding).
9. Read more than 17 books this year. Gonna go for 25 but hoping for about 50.
10. Find Love. I don’t think this one will be easy, and I don’t expect it to be, but I think it’s time I stop being a selfish person and learn to share my life with someone. I don’t think it will happen this year, but putting it out there in the universe for whenever the time is right… it happens: I am ready. I am ready to trust again. I am ready to open up. I am ready to share my very valuable ‘me’ time :P
Anywho … Here’s a recent pic of me wishing ye all a Merry Holiday + the 1000 piece puzzle we completed LOL. Hope everyone is doing well!